0
Brain Freeze
Posted by Charlotte
on
4:24 PM
Prologue:
In my travels I’ve had interactions with a wide variety of public restroom hand dryers. I by far prefer the Dyson Airblade because it actually dries your hands. I’ve been confused by other electric driers with adjustable vents and little diagrams showing that this feature is to enable you to be able to dry your face. Why would I need to dry my face with a restroom hand dryer?
I love smoothies.
I managed to get myself to a McD and headed into the bathroom to survey the damage. I cleaned up my face, alarmed to find strawberry seeds up my nose. I turned around to look for some paper towels and found only an electric hand dryer. Looking down at the dryer without a reversible vent I realized that I had arrived at the moment where I could have really used a dryer to dry my face.
[insert irony here]
Then I wanted a straw but didn’t want to just take a straw and use the loo without buying anything. So I bought a hash brown for $1.10.
I love smoothies.
Real, proper, all fruit smoothies. When it gets hot in the summer there’s nothing I crave more. On the mission I was gutted that we didn’t have a blender and in my desire to try out one of Nicole’s healthy green drink breakfasts I bought one in Leeds. It last about three weeks and was brought down by a chunk of frozen mango. Mango is a wily fruit. Watch out for it.
So when I came home I was delighted to find that Safeway was marketing a line of make at home Jamba smoothies from the frozen section and they were great. They were a bargain at their introductory price and so I loaded up. The second morning of ACDA I decided to make myself one for the drive down. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a straw. Straws are very important. Without a straw smoothies are not safe to consume while driving. The middle chunk stays all frozen and then you have to wait and slurp the defrosted bits from the edge. Unfortunately in my haste to get the thawed bits the large frozen chunk likes to slide into my face. The first time it was funny, leaving me with a little spot of smoothie on my nose that I was able to take care of. The second and third time things got more serious ending up on my face, while driving, with no napkins handy. Then I started sneezing. Oh dear.
I managed to get myself to a McD and headed into the bathroom to survey the damage. I cleaned up my face, alarmed to find strawberry seeds up my nose. I turned around to look for some paper towels and found only an electric hand dryer. Looking down at the dryer without a reversible vent I realized that I had arrived at the moment where I could have really used a dryer to dry my face.
[insert irony here]
Then I wanted a straw but didn’t want to just take a straw and use the loo without buying anything. So I bought a hash brown for $1.10.
$1.10 well spent when divided by the loo, face wash, straw, napkins and the blessed hash brown.
Needless to say I was late to the morning session.
Needless to say I was late to the morning session.


Post a Comment